Rule Changes for 2020/2021 Season:
*A Comprehensive list of rules with full technicalities (including these updates) can be found here: Rules
We are thrilled to announce this year's PUCL season will be
sponsored by GingerGM!
Simon Williams has graciously agreed to support us, so we decided
to name our trophy after his cat: the Charlie Chess Cat Cup!
Check out his shop for exclusive
PUCL Promo offers! -------> https://www.gingergm.com/shop
1. In view of the global health crisis, we are holding all group-stages ONLINE at Lichess.org!
2. Due to demand, we will be accepting 32 teams, a 2x increase since last season!
3. Four Groups have been added for a total of 8 groups which will contain 4 teams apiece (subject to change based on the number of entries).
The new groups will be as follows [A-H]:
4. This season, fixtures will be held on the second Saturday of each month.
5. Since there are twice the number of groups, we will have an extra playoff round, starting with the Round of 16 Teams in January! This means the Grand Finals will take place in April this year, instead of March.
6. Whereas we enforced a maximum average rating for the entire team roster last year, we will now enforce the same maximum average rating of 170 per team of 4 selected to play in each fixture. There will no longer be a maximum average rating applied to the entire team roster. This will help to balance each fixture by strength and encourage teams to use all players on their roster!
7. ECF Bronze Membership will only be a requirement for teams that reach the playoffs, since group stage matches will be held online. Group stage matches will therefore be rated (rapid) on Lichess, while playoff matches will be ECF Rapid rated.